Following the amazing release of NSX-T 2.4 and the recent VVD / VCF enhancements that now support the network virtualization platform, I have recently spent some time reviewing and self-enabling deeper on NSX-T.
From an architect perspective, the maturity of network and security features within NSX-T across platform architectures make it a requirement to be well versed.
Below is a list of my recommended links & my architecture overview mind map .
There is also a new VMware Education course released for the 2.4 version.
Due to the dynamic and fast-moving nature of the NSX releases the below content is useful for understanding, however, features change & improve between releases. They will need to be reviewed against the NSX-T release notes to ensure the approaches and facts are valid with the specific build being used.
NSX-T use case & Architecture – great overviews of components, & data flow.
- NET1537BU – NSX-T Data Center Architecture and Benefits
- NSX-T Architecture & Benefits by Erik Bussink, VMware
- NET1127BU – Logical Routing Deep Dive on NSX-T Data Center
- NET1742BU : N-VDS: The next generation switch architecture with VMware NSX Data Center
- NET1610BU – NSX-T Edge Services: Design and Deployment Options
- SAI1527BU – Deep Dive into NSX Data Center Security for Clouds, Containers, and More
- NET1549BU – Deep Dive into Operationalizing NSX-T Data Center
- NET1642BU – NSX-PowerOps: Day2 Ops, NSX Health, Security, and Automated Documentation
- NET1822BU – Upgrading NSX Data Center: A Zero Downtime Approach
- NET1855BU– NSX-T Data Center Performance Deep Dive
- PRV2623BU- NSX-T Enabled Workload Domains: The Validated Designs/Cloud Foundation Way
- NET1561BU – Next-Generation Reference Design with NSX-T Data Center: Part 1
- NET1562BU -Next-Generation Reference Design with NSX-T Data Center: Part 2
- VMware NSX-T 2.4 Demo: Simplified Network Operations & Management
- VMware NSX-T 2.4: Advancing NSX Everywhere for Everyone
- VMware NSX-T 2.4 Security Update
- VMware NSX-T 2.x upgrade to 2.4
- Intrinsic Security with NSX-T 2.4
- NSX-T 2.4 Context Aware Firewall Demo
- NSX-T 2.4 via Automation or GUI: Part 1
- NSX-T 2.4 via Automation or GUI: Part 2
- NSX-T 2.4 via Automation or GUI: Part 3