My journey to achieving the VCDX certification was very useful for my real-world fieldwork as a solution architect. The processes and methodology tuned to achieve the VCDX certification are highly relevant to all areas of technology and solution design. The framework process to understand project-based decisions/justifications and risk mitigation helps me every day within the cloud solution space.
I have benefited so much from the VCDX program and the VMware community as a whole.
The below-growing list of articles is aimed at helping other people in the community with their design skills.
I have previously mentored several successful VCDX candidates and enjoyed the process. I am now, due to being a panelist within the program, no longer able to mentor directly.
In 2021 I collaborated with the VMware VCDX program and 20+ VCDX holders to create a VCDX Mentoring webinar series. This would be an ideal place to start your journey.
If you are looking for a 1:1 mentor, please refer to the VCDX Directory.
- Accepted Risks in Architectural Design
- The value of a VCDX documentation submission
- Is my design or project, good enough for VCDX?
- Risk management for the VCDX candidate
- Knowing and studying your VCDX design
- VCDX Supporting Docs | Config, Install, & SETs
- VCDX Supporting Docs | Validation Plans
- VCDX Supporting Docs | Implementation plans
- Preparing for the VCDX Defense Design Scenario
- The VCDX presentation deck – a technical conversation
- Post VCDX Defense Thoughts
- When you are unsuccessful at VCDX – now what?
- VCDX Defense Design Scenario – Mindmap
- VCDX Submission – Mind Map
- VCDX – Disaster Recovery Mindmap